Re: Soy ink melting in laser printers, copiers

Robert Gifford (
gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Tue, 26 May 1998 14:28:43 -0500

Printech:

This [edited] inquiry and response provides information from the National
Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers.

From: Richard Incontro

Dear Mr. Gifford,
In general I am told that soy oil do not "dry" as fast as conventional
inks. Please realize that ink companies have addressed these issues and I
find it hard to believe that [the printer] is not being serviced by their
ink supplier. I also am aware that ink suppliers sell special ink for
Laser printers since they do not waqnt to pay for the replacement parts in
the laser printer.

Please identify the ink supplier [for the printer]. Or would you like me
to recommend ink companies in the area who could address these issues?

Richard Incontro