Forwarded for Nancy Devine of the Star-Tribune:
Ozone is a toxic gas and can have dibilitating effects on employees
who have been exposed, primarily lung disease for long term effects
and eye irritation for short term. I believe the TWA is 0.1
ppm--which is very low. Ozone can also destroy many materials, rubber
is a common one. However, it has a very pungent odor, like electrical
sparks or the smell after a lightning storm so if it is present in
your plant, you should be able to detect it just by smelling it.
Also, ozone is highly unstable, so it won't stay in the environment as
ozone for long. I would try to locate the source and do some air
quality testing to determine what the extent of the problem is.