Printech Archive, February, 1998
Re: Fixer carryover into wash

From: Jeff Adrian (jeffadrian@johnroberts.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 07:37:18 CST

Tim:

The best way I know to attack this problem is with a "WaterMiser"
recirculation unit. We have used these for some time and have found they have
proven very successful. In fact, so successful, that we are no longer
required to have a wastewater permit for our discharge to the local POTW! Though
there is some cost to these units, they seem worthwhile to us.

Jeff Adrian
The John Roberts Company

TimanShell wrote:
>I am look for some information on how to treat the wash water in our
film processor. We have been working the last few months on reducing the
silver content of our fixer unit, and through silver recovery and 2 Ion
exchange units have brought our levels from 26 to .8 ppm. But a new problem has
occured, we are carrying over into our wash tank and testing at 7ppm.
Local ordinance is 1 or under, I am trying to reduce this without adding on an
>expensive water recirculation unit with a silver filter. Does anyone
have any thoughts for me that might help.