Printech Archive, February, 1998
Recycler information for recycling paper used in Flexographic printing

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 10:11:56 CST

Hi,
I am working on an waste assessment for one of our clients. The
facility produces Spiral labels, using Flexographic printing process.

I need to know if there is a recycler who can get the paper that has
catalytic varnish(NB1061 from Sun Chemicals) in it. At present the
paper is not recycled for want of a recycler.

I also need to know whether there is a recycler who can recycle the
Aluminum backed paper labels. There are inks and varnishes in the
labels.

Please send your replies to the address mentioned below.

Thanks,

Rex S. Arul,
Univ.of Florida IAC.