Printech Archive, February, 1998
Fixer carryover into wash

From: Tim Coquillard TimanShell@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 18:43:02 CST

I am look for some information on how to treat the wash water in our film
processor. We have been working the last few months on reducing the silver
content of our fixer unit, and through silver recovery and 2 Ion exchange
units have brought our levels from 26 to .8 ppm. But a new problem has
occured, we are carrying over into our wash tank and testing at 7ppm. Local
ordinance is 1 or under, I am trying to reduce this without adding on an
expensive water recirculation unit with a silver filter. Does anyone have any
thoughts for me that might help.

Thanks, Tim