Printech Archive, February, 1998
Reclamation equipment and chemistry

From: Debra Kramer (kramer@cmcusa.org)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 08:11:50 CST

This question was posted from the PNEAC web site. I will forward any questions you all have and your responses to the originator.

Deb

We are a T-shirt printer. I am looking for a list of equipment and chemistry for reclaiming screens (ink removal and emulsion removal). I have not found anyone who will say "Here is what you need". Lots of studies, papers, etc, but not a practical answer to the cleaning process.

What chemistry and equipment does 80% of the T-Shirt printing industry use in their reclaiming? It seems like a simple question, but can I get a simple answer?