Printech Archive, February, 1998
Re: Professional Machine Guarding Design Engineers

From: Debra Kramer (kramer@cmcusa.org)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 15:53:14 CST

My suggestion is contact Harris directly, most equipment are very
concerned about these types of issues because of their potential
liability. If Harris cannot help, I suggest having a metal
fabricator/machine shop make guards that can be attached.

Deb Kramer

I am posting this message on behalf of a PIM member company who has
experienced two rather serious injuries on a Harris non-heatset web
press.
Does anyone have any contacts they can pass along to me of any
mechanical engineers or other expert machine guarding consultants? I
would appreciate any contact you might have on this subject. Thanks!

Scott Schuler