Printech Archives, October 1996: Re: Discharge of Rotogravure Water-Based Inks

Re: Discharge of Rotogravure Water-Based Inks

Bill Bilkovich (
bilko@vistech.net)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:05:55 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone tried using a Paint Pig or similar small, inexpensive
centrifuge on this type of waste stream. I assume you have already
looked at squeege recovery of ink from pans to minimize ink loss (ink
being the most valuable commodity in this waste). I would try to avoid
putting another chemical down the sewer (the dispersant) especially
considering the potential endo-toxicity of many detergents and dispersants.

Bill Bilkovich