Printech Archive
Re: Question re/ Reducing Alcohol Based Ink Usage

From: Donna Peterson (peter080@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 18:42:31 CST

I have learned of a company that sells water-based ink-jet inks. It is
Scitex Digital Printing, with locations in several places in the US and
overseas. My contact for information was Tim Cole, Bloomington MN; phone:
612-830-0185. `

I also have talked with Jim Mahoney at Pioneer Mailroom Equipment here at
phone: 612-873-4217. From my notes, it appears they sell an oil-based ink
for inkjet printing which is good on highly porous materials like recycled
newsprint..

Donna Peterson, Senior Scientist
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program(MnTAP)
Email: peter080@tc.umn.edu
NEW: U OF MN GATEWAY
        200 OAK ST. SUITE 350
        MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455-2008