Printech Archive
Re: Question re/ Reducing Alcohol Based Ink Usage

From: Deb Jacobson (djacobson@istc.illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 12:13:26 CST

An inquiry was recently posted from the PNEAC web site requesting information
about low VOC ink-jet inks. I have been able to locate two suppliers, one is
in the Philippines the other in Illinois. Does anyone have any information
and
suppliers of water based and/or lower VOC ink-jet inks?

The following is technical information the originator provided to me:
The sorting machine is an AFSM sorting machine, with an ink jet printer,
printing bar codes and cancellation marks on the stamps. The FT214
ketone/alcohol ink is mixed with an FT215 additive, also made by Image S.A.,
and is a Ketone/alcohol additive.

Thank you for your input,

Debra Jacobson

Debra Jacobson (formerly Kramer)