Printech Archive
Re: Ecological Printers

From: Deb Kramer (dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 07:06:34 CDT

PNEAC does not specifically designate any one company as an "ecological
printer" because many companies are doing great things, but just have not
participated in special programs of some sort. However, there is a section on
the PNEAC web site regarding the Great Printers Project. This is a Great
Lakes
Regional program to provide recognition and other benefits to printers who are
going above and beyond their compliance requirements by focusing on waste
reduction and pollution prevention projects. See
http://www.pneac.org/prog.html
you will need to scroll down a bit to access the GPP information.

If you are looking for area companies, another resource may be to contact the
trade associations. These contacts are also listed on the PNEAC web site at
http://www.pneac.org/contacts/stateregcont.cfm

Thank you for accessing the PNEAC web site. If you have additional questions
please feel free to contact us again.

Deb Kramer

>This Ask PNEAC question is from:

>Hello!!!
>I am putting together a resource list of
>ecological printers for a project called
>ReThink Paper. I am based in San Francisco.
>I was wondering if you could help me out?
>I will be releasing this resource list on
>the web at the end of the month. If you
>know of ANY in the US, could you please let
>me know ASAP.
>Thanks so much, it would sure be of help.

Debra Kramer
NOTE: New E-mail Address dkramer@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
(PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org)
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12