Printech Archive
Re: How do Printers Work?

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 12:29:47 CDT

It appears from your question that you seek information about
laser/ink jet/desktop printers.

PNEAC has one document which may be helpful to you. Section III.F.2 of
<http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/dfe/printing/usecluster/index.html> may
explain
what you want.

I suggest that you consult the
manufacturers of these printers, Hewlett-Packard <www.hp.com>, Xerox
<www.xerox.com>, and Canon <www.canon.com> would be good starting
places. They should be able to provide you with the information you
need.

Bob Gifford
PNEAC

> This Ask PNEAC question is from:
> Hello,
>
> Im doing a project on printers and scanners
> would you be able to tell me how a printer
> works exactly.
>
> Thanks

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu