Printech Archive
Solvent retention in flexible packaging

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 07:30:21 CDT

Dear PNEAC_customer

To the best of my knowledge, the Food and Drug Administration has not set any
standards for solvent retention in flexible packaging. I do know that many
food companies set standards for the printer to achieve. Many off the larger
food packaging companies have labs and perform routine analysis to ensure
they are meeting the customer's specifications. FDA does maintain a web site
at http://www.fda.gov/ and you can search their regulations.

I have passed along your question to a person I know at the Flexible
Packaging Association and will let you know if any additional information is
provided.

Gary Jones
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation