Printech Archive
Ink VOC retention

From: PNEAC_customer@pneac.org
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 16:38:50 CDT

This Ask PNEAC question is from:
I have a facility (offset lithography) which claims that the VOC emissions
from the inks that they use are negligible. They claim that the VOC is
entrained in the ink and the very low pressure means that they do not evaporate
off and are therefore not emissions. They also say that other offset
lithographic facilities do not claim inks as sources of emissions.
Do you have any feedback on this? Do you know of any documentation of
this by the industry or by anyone else? This facility is the only one
I have ever heard make this claim, so I want to be fair. I have no
interest in claiming emissions where none exist.