Printech Archive
Re: Press Corrosion

From: Deb Jacobson (djacobson@istc.illinois.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 08:05:34 CDT

specify what type of printing press you are concerned with. We also need
to know what type of ink system (water based, solvent based, UV curable, EB
curable) is being used.

Water is the one of the primary sources of corrosion on a printing
press. Whether it comes from the process of cleaning while using water
based cleaners, the wetting system (fountain solution) on offset printing
presses, or the inking system in the cases of water based ink systems.

Your reply with more specific information can help us provide a more
accurate answer to your questions. We look forward to hearing back from
you and thank you for using the PNEAC web site.

Debra Jacobson

  At 07:31 AM 04/18/2000 -0400, pneac@istc.illinois.edu wrote:

>Question: I am currently researching an article on corrosion in printing
>presses (what causes it, what effect it has, how it can be prevented
>etc.), and wondered whether you knew where I might be able to get hold of
>some general information on the issues on-line.

Debra Jacobson (formerly Kramer)
E-mail Address djacobson@istc.illinois.edu
PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org
GLPPR http://www.glrppr.uiuc.edu