Printech Archive
Re: Recycled & Virgin Paper

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 15:15:58 CDT

    Your inquiry regarding Canadian recycling standards was forwarded to the
Technical Inquiry Desk. I am not familiar with this standard, I do know of
the Canadian Pulp and Paper Association, www.cppa.org. They list a standard
used for the grades of recycles fiber, punished by The Institute of Scrap
Recycling Industries, Inc. in DC, see this link for their address:
http://www.cppa.org/english/wood/guide/definite.htm. Hope this is of some
help.

Regards;

Dillon Mooney
GATF Technical Inquiry Desk
gatfmatt@aol.com
Question: I am a third year university student writing a report on Virgin
versus Recycled paper.

We are focusing in on the strentgh of the papers. We have carried out the
Tensile Strength, Bursting Strength (Mullen), Folding Endurance, Stiffness
and Ridigity test on 70 lb paper, Virgin, 20%, and 100% recycled.

We were looking for information on the International/Canadian Recycling
Standards as well as Certification Programs.

Thank You for your time,

Lynnette Fernandes

Gary Jones
Graphic Arts Technical Foundation