Printech Archive
Re: Recycled & Virgin Paper

From: Deb Jacobson (djacobson@istc.illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 08:21:07 CDT

In addition to Mr. Jones's reply you may want to return to the PNEAC web
site, access the links to national and other organizations. There you will
find a link to Conservatree. This organization's web site has a lot of
good information.

Victoria Mills at Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is also working on a
recycled paper initiative to encourage catalog companies to use recycled
paper. You may want to visit their web site and/or contact Victoria. The
web site can be found on the PNEAC list of links along with Conservatree.

Best of Luck,

Debra Jacobson

At 07:22 PM 04/07/2000 -0400, pneac@istc.illinois.edu wrote:

>Question: I am a third year university student writing a report on Virgin
>versus Recycled paper.
>
>We are focusing in on the strentgh of the papers. We have carried out the
>Tensile Strength, Bursting Strength (Mullen), Folding Endurance, Stiffness
>and Ridigity test on 70 lb paper, Virgin, 20%, and 100% recycled.
>
>We were looking for information on the International/Canadian Recycling
>Standards as well as Certification Programs.

Debra Jacobson (formerly Kramer)
E-mail Address djacobson@istc.illinois.edu
PNEAC/GPP http://www.pneac.org
GLPPR http://www.glrppr.uiuc.edu