Printech Archive
Re: Preventive Maintenance benchmarking?

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 15:34:17 CDT

Deb,

There were a series of articles in Newspapers and Technology, May-Oct, 1999
by Frank Bourlon on litho newspaper press maintenance strategies.
They are archived at
http://www.newsandtech.com/issues/1999/05-99/nt/05-99_pressmaint.htm
http://www.newsandtech.com/issues/1999/09-99/nt/09-99_maintenance.htm
http://www.newsandtech.com/issues/1999/10-99/nt/10-99_impress.htm

Bob Gifford

At 09:11 AM 4/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>A web offset printer recently contacted me requesting information about
>preventive maintenance strategies and programs. He is looking for
>products, articles and other reference materials that can help him bench
>mark the "Best of Breed" in the web offset printing industry with respect
>to preventive maintenance strategies and programs. Does anyone have any
>references I can send him?
>
>Deb Jacobson

Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu