Printech Archive
Re: Title V permit consultant costs

From: Frank Salat (FSALAT@tnrcc.state.tx.us)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 10:20:12 CDT

Hey Matt! ... I think that's gu-RESS! (heh, heh) Also, one of
the responders is in error as far as I know: Title V
requirements ARE triggered by potential emissions ( "... if
you emit, or have the potential to emit ...." -- "potential"
meaning 24 hrs x 365 days, unless there are other
limitations, i.e., maintenance down time, physical raw
material storage or delivery limitations, etc.). -- F.

>>> Matt Kaarlela <mattk@piatexas.org> 04/05/00 11:13am

Title V permits can vary greatly so this is just a ballpark
figure but for
a printer in Texas,
I would estimate $10,000 - $12,000 for typical printing
operation.
PIA-Texas refers our
members to a firm called RSA at 817 640-6407. Rita Zebian
is their air guru.

>> What should a printer who is going to break the 100 ton
VOC limit for
>> potential emissions expect to pay a consultant to bring
him into Title V
>> compliance? HAPs and other criteria pollutants are a
non issue.