Printech Archive
Re: Env benefit of waterless printing

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 16:45:29 CDT

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Jeffrey Matusow" <jmatusow@attglobal.net>
To: <printech@great-lakes.net>

Please keep in mind that most (but not all) new 40 inch presses that run
with fountain solution will have chilled ink vibrator rollers. So the energy
savings of waterless vs fountain solution is not valid. The only difference
is individual zoned temperature control is used for waterless and a central
zoned temperature control is used if the press is going to run with fountain
solution.

Jeffrey Matusow
Printers Service
973-589-7800 x 2249