Printech Archive
Re: Paper waste reduction in web offset

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 15:52:42 CST

First step is to identify what is "waste", then isolate the various causes.
All press work has some waste involved, i.e. makeready, running and
bindery/finishing waste. Estimating builds in a percentage of total gross
pounds needed for each catagory as job related cost.
The 'goal' is to stay within these 'waste' allocations and minimize
additional cost that the print buyer does not pay for!
Need more info?? Call me at 412.741.6860, ext 621 and we can talk.

Bill Farmer, GATF