Printech Archive
UV litho on plastic

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 16:20:19 CST

___Forwarded ____

 My question is about uv.offset printing on plastic substrate. We are
new at
 this. I run a Royal Zenith Planeta Super varient . 4o``press. with UV
rollers
 UV blankets wash etc. Press is also equipped with a cold UV, system
from
 Grafix. installed in units #1234and a double cartridge in delivery.
Press also
 has a retractable coater in unit 6 for UV coating. We use Kohl and
Madden ink
 and Prisco h8lp 1step fountain solution. We print basicaly on 16pt
recycled
 board but now we are getting into printing on plastic .16pt corona
treated
 substrate.

 We need some advice on what inks to use, fountain solution etc.
 We tried printing on plastic and I had alot of piling problems on this
job.
 Any help or advice would be greatly apprecieated.

--
Robert Gifford
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension