Printech Archive
Wastewater Treatment of Blanket Wash

From: PNEAC_customer@pneac.org
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 09:59:09 CST

Question: I am a student. Our environmental engineering
pollution prevention class is studying one of the local lithographic
printers in the community. Part of their wastewater stream from one of
their presses consists of two blanket washes:
(1) BL-3 Blanket Wash, which is insoluble and contains 70-90% fatty
    esters (by weight), and various surfactants @ 15-30% by weight
(2) "Magic Wash", which is soluble and contains various surfactants

Could you direct me to any information about what kind of treatment is
available for such a waste before discharge? Thankyou.