Printech Archive
Re: Effective compliance assistance tools

From: DAVE WINTZ (DWINTZ@dem.state.in.us)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:24:13 CST

What are the most effective and least effective types of compliance
assistance tools?

Most effective - 1. on-site visits
2. compliance training sessions with a compliance manual for them to
take home.

Least effective - kinda like answering a negative - I would say that
printers don't think they have problems until they're inspected or
perhaps they're purchased by a larger printer - I've heard of cases
where a printer should have had a Title V permit but they never got one
because they grew from 3 employees to 300 in 10-20 years and just never
thought to get a permit.

for what it's worth, my two cents . . .