Printech Archive
Vegetable ester blanket washes

From: pneac@istc.illinois.edu
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 15:32:16 CST

Question: In Europe aromatic pressroom solvents are no longer used, to reduce VOC emissions and to protect workers health.
A new generation of 'vegetable oil' emulsifiable cleaners which can be removed using water, have been developed and are gaining in popularity.
Is there a US authority promoting this technology, or is it being left to major pressroom cleaner manufacturers to promote these 'safer' formulae.
I act as Consultant in matters 'oleochemical' for Uk companies and I would like to make contact with like minded formulators in the USA.
I hope you might be able to revert with a few E-mail adresses for companies or Universities involved.
Thank you for your help.