Printech Archive
Re: Environmental Management Systems

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 15:49:27 CST

Michelle,

The history of the John Roberts Company's EMS is explained in a PNEAC
fact sheet, <http://www.pneac.org/sheets/all/jeffa.cfm>. Jeff Adrian
wrote this
article to describe their experience. He can be reached at
jeffadrian@johnroberts.com

EPA has a video which includes an interview with Jeff Adrian and other
information. It is available as "Environmental Management
Systems
for Printers: It's a Bottom Line Benefit" (EPA 744-V-99-001).

EPA also has several documents put out by the Office of Wastewater
Management, including an implementation guide. These can be accessed at
<http://www.epa.gov/OWM/wm046200.htm>.

Bob Gifford
PNEAC

On 5 Jan 00, at 10:30, Fryman, Michelle wrote:

> I am interesting in talking with printers, particularly newspapers, who use
> an environmental management system, or EMS. I would like to know how well
> the system works, whether you designed the system internally, or purchased
> software to support your program, and any recommendations you could make
> about using an EMS.
>
> Thank you for your assistance!
> Michelle Fryman
> Environmental Affairs Manager
> Philadelphia Newspapers, Incorporated
> 610-292-6303
> email: mfryman@phillynews.com

Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu