Printech Archive
Re: Printing Rag Practices

From: Donna Peterson (peter080@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 13:00:09 CST

In Minnesota, we have some acceptable management standards for rags and
towels. Many towels are laundered, in many cases after solvents are
extracted at the printing company, either with the company's centrifuge or
with the extraction provided by 1 of 2 mobile centrifuge services that
operate in the Twin Cities. Certainly we have lots of disposable wipes
used also, we have requirements in place for them also depending on
solvents used.

The fact sheet that outlines acceptable managment practices can be accessed
on line at the following address: http://www.state.mn.us/waste/pubs/4_61

Hope this helps
Donna Peterson, Senior Scientist
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program(MnTAP)
Email: peter080@tc.umn.edu
NEW: U OF MN GATEWAY
        200 OAK ST. SUITE 350
        MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455-2008