Printech Archive
Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health, safety information

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 16:15:21 CDT

Dear Mark:

National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers and was told that this
compound was used (and possibly still is to a limited extent although it has
generally been replaced by toluene) in some liquid ink systems. None of the
sources NAPIM contacted believe that it is or ever was used in litho ink
systems. If you require a more definitive response please let me know.

Gary