Printech Archive
Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health & safety information

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 11:45:04 CDT

 ---------Forwarded Message-----------

 This compound was used ( and possibly still is to a limited extent
although
 it has generally been replaced by toluene) in some liquid ink systems.
None
 of my sources believe that it is or ever was used in paste ink
systems. If
 you require a more definitive response please let me know.

 George Fuchs
 National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers

--

--************************************************************ * Robert Gifford * Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and * Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC) * 610 Langdon Street rm 531 * Madison, WI 53703 * (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax * gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu --***********************************************************