Printech Archive
Flexo ink separation

From: West, Keith (westk@uwgb.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 08:56:04 CDT

We received the following request for infomation and would appreciate any
help we can get:

I'm doing some consulting with a medium sized SE Nebraska printshop.
They
use water-based UV inks on their flexo web press. The problem they're
having is with the cleaning water. They discharge to the POTW and are
running into contamination problems. Blue color is showing up in the
effluent. How can they solve this problem?

I've heard about ink splitters/separators. Can you give me technical,
product, and/or processing information to help solve this problem? Any
references to other sources of info will also be totally appreciated. The
problem is pressing, so I need a response ASAP. Thanks for your time.