Printech Archive
Re: Company Environmental Statement

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 15:49:20 CDT

Wendy:

Attached is a sample Environmental Policy that can be sued as a model. It
covers some of the basic elements that should be such a policy. I would also
recommend that the company develop purchasing guidelines as one mechanism to
implement the policy. I have some additional sample policies and purchasing
guidelines that I will send.

Gary Jones
GATF

Environmental Policy Statement

"(Your Printing Company Name) is committed to excellence and leadership in protecting the environment. In keeping with this policy, our objective is to reduce waste and emissions. We strive to minimize adverse impact on the air, water and land through pollution prevention and energy conservation. By successfully preventing pollution at its source, we can achieve cost savings, maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and improve the environment. (Your Printing Company Name)'s environmental guidelines include the following:

? Environmental protection is everyone's responsibility. It is valued and displays commitment to (Your Printing Company Name).

? We will commit to including pollution prevention and energy conservation in the design of all new products and services.

? Preventing pollution by reducing and eliminating the generation of waste and emission at the source is a prime consideration in research, process design and plant operations. (Your Printing Company Name) is committed to identifying and implementing pollution prevention opportunities through encouraging and involving all employees.

? Technologies and methods that substitute nonhazardous materials and utilize other source reduction approaches will be given top priority in addressing all environmental issues.

? (Your Printing Company Name) seeks to demonstrate its responsible corporate citizenship by adhering to all environmental regulations. We promote cooperation and coordination between industry, government and the public toward the shared goal of preventing pollution at its source."