Printech Archive
Paper Recycling with Water-Based and Soy Inks

From: West, Keith (westk@uwgb.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 11:38:13 CDT

We received a request for information on difficulties faced when recycling
paper that contains water-based or soy inks. In particular, it has been
said that conventional methods for removing solvent-based inks from process
water are ineffective for removing water-based inks.
        Does anyone have any information that confirms or refutes this? Any
related information would be appreciated, as well. I am searching the
question myself and will post anything I come up with. Thanks.

Keith D. West
Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
University of Wisconsin - Extension
2420 Nicolet Drive ES 317
Green Bay, WI 54311
(920) 465-2940