Printech Archive
Re: Non haz solvents

From: Indra Wiriady (wiriady@eudoramail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 08:11:31 CDT

--

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:29:43 Brigette Martin wrote: >Are there any offset printing operations using non hazardous blanket or roller wash solvents (flash point of 140F or higher)? > >With pending shop towel regulations, we are under the gun to try some non characteristic hazardous solvents. > >Thanks, > >Brigette Martin >Environmental Compliance Coordinator >GSPC > There are solvents that can be mix with water. According to the supplier, this make the solven unflameable. We've tried the product from Strecker and Varn Chemicals (VWM Wash).