Printech Archive
Re: Non haz solvents

From: Matt Kaarlela (mattk@piatexas.org)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 15:01:11 CDT

Brigette,

You've got some great advice regarding your question. I will throw out one
more thought FWIW. Check out the EPA document "An Evaluation of Substitute
Blanket Washes". It isn't perfect but will lay out some things you should
consider when shopping for a low VOC cleaner. You can get it from the gov
bookstore (EPA 744-F-96-009) but I would try your local PIA affiliate
first. They should have copies. If they don't, e-mail me and I'll see if I
can get a copy out to you.

Matt Kaarlela
PIA-Texas

>Are there any offset printing operations using non hazardous blanket or
roller wash solvents (flash point of 140F or higher)?

>With pending shop towel regulations, we are under the gun to try some non
characteristic hazardous solvents.