Printech Archive
Re: Food Grade FDA Approved Inks

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 17:53:01 CDT

A similar topic has been discussed on Printech in the past. It is
archived with other general ink topics within the subject listings at
<http://www.pneac.org/listserv/printech/e-general.html#Inks>.
The previous discussion centered on whether the entire ink or its
ingredients
were approved.

Based on other Printech discussions of MSDSs, they are designed to meet
OSHA requirements, not those of EPA or FDA.

Bob Gifford

Brabitz William wrote:

> Can someone direct me to where I can get a listing of FDA Approved Food
> Grade Inks. If the FDA has a listing on their web site I can't find it and
> the MSDS supplied by manufactures do not list FDA approvals.

* Robert Gifford
* Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (SHWEC), and
* Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC)
* 610 Langdon Street rm 531
* Madison, WI 53703
* (608)262-1083 Voice (608)262-6250 Fax
* gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu