Printech Archive
Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

From: Marcia Kinter (marcik@sgia.org)
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 11:28:19 CDT

Again, I agree with this statement. However, if regulatory agencies structure
their regulatory programs so that the use of acetone is required to meet VOC
limits, then the printer has no choice but to use a product that has been
reformulated with acetone -- so they may have the opportunity to take into
account the regulatory implications of using a product that may or may not
generate hazardous waste but will decrease air emissions.

So, it appears that we have come full circle on this issue. I appreciate
everybody's input into this issue. I have achieved my goal --I now know that
EPA is not planning to delist acetone as a VOC percursor, however, air districts
are encouraging the use of products that contain acetone, whether or not they
work.

Marci Kinter
SGIA