Printech Archive
Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

From: Ted Hughes (THughes@sancoa.com)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 09:18:47 CDT

Speaking with over twenty years experience with the disposal of
Hazardous Wastes, there is very little advantage in being a Small
Quantity Generator. Choosing the right company to properly handle the
waste is not difficult, all of the larger companies will do a good job
and keep you out of trouble.

When so called "safety solvent" are used for wash, how do most companies
dispose of this material? Is it put into drains and into the sewer
system? Except for the costs involved, I would much rater see the
material incinerated.