Printech Archive
Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

From: Brigette Martin (BMARTIN@gulf-states.com)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 08:08:16 CDT

Generators of Hazardous Waste need to be mindful of their generator status. If acetone is used in a process unsparingly a company may jump from Small to Large Quantity and the training, and compliance requirements increase. Not to mention, the additio
nal costs of disposing of wastes. Its always a good idea to stay away from products that will increase hazardous waste generated. Remember the responsibility is that of the generators from cradle to grave and if the treatment facility is not doing all
th

Brigette Martin
Gulf States Paper Corp.

>>> Ted Hughes <THughes@sancoa.com> 05/06 2:18 PM >>>
Washing with either Acetone or other alternative products produces waste
in either case. Most companies that produce hazardous waste that is a
flammable liquid send the waste to be incinerated, usually through a
fuel blending program at a cement kiln. Disposal in this manner is not
unfavorable to the environment. The use of the term "Hazardous Waste"
sometimes alarms people needlessly.