Printech Archive
Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

From: Ted Hughes (THughes@sancoa.com)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 14:18:14 CDT

Washing with either Acetone or other alternative products produces waste
in either case. Most companies that produce hazardous waste that is a
flammable liquid send the waste to be incinerated, usually through a
fuel blending program at a cement kiln. Disposal in this manner is not
unfavorable to the environment. The use of the term "Hazardous Waste"
sometimes alarms people needlessly.