Printech Archive
Re: Use of acetone in reformulated products

From: RossRadTec@aol.com
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 16:03:11 CDT

I think there is some confusion about Hazardous Air Pollutants(HAP). As far
as I can tell, the original list of 189 HAP's that the EPA devised comprise
the only chemicals that the EPA considers to be hazardous. That list does
not contain acetone or methyl acetate and never did. Anyone is therefore free
(from EPA control) to use these solvents in any way and to any extent that he
wishes.

If I am incorrect in this I would be very grateful to have someone correct
me. I believe this to be a very dangerous situation.

Alex Ross