Printech Archive
diazo (blueprint/blueline) process and ammonia

From: DAVE SALMAN (SALMAN.DAVE@epamail.epa.gov)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 13:28:21 CDT

I had someone ask me a question about the diazo process for
making blueprint/blueline type copies. Essentially the question was
what can be done to eliminate or reduce employee exposure to
ammonia?

Is there a version of the diazo process that does not use ammonia?
(I know there are other ways of making copies of large dimension
originals such as large size photocopiers, scanners/plotters.)

What are good practices or sources of information on good
practices for operating this (diazo) equipment and ventilating the
work area when ammonia is used.

Thanks

Dave Salman