Printech Archive
A question for technical assistance providers

From: Marcia Kinter (marcik@sgia.org)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 09:23:16 CDT

This message is specifically for all technical assistance providers on
this listserv, though I would be interested in anyone's viewpoint.
Several of us within the trade association community are discussing a
new project -- specifically looking at obtaining recognition of emission
reductions from area sources obtained via educational outreach
programs. This would entail revisting the issue of the area source
emissions inventory at the state level. We have heard that states may
not be interested in pursuing a project of this sort because it would
involve reopening the area source emissions inventory. Is this true?
Are there any problems associated with this approach? We are really
interested in working with the state technical assistance programs to
help quantify the emission reductions obtained through outreach efforts.

Thanks for your input.
Marci Kinter
SGIA International