Printech Archive
Re: Erroneous msds

From: rhartwig@printing.org
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 12:47:47 CDT

Although I do not support the inaccurate information provided by the vendor,
the fact is that the MSDS is a safety data sheet and not an environmental
data sheet. Legally I do not see that they would be in any violation and OSHA
is not the monitor for any environmental information presented on MSDS's.
MSDS's are rarely monitored for safety information let alone environmental
issues.

I think the best course of action would be to write a letter to the vendor
and manufacturer stating the inaccuracy and then look at using another
product, from another vendor.

Rick Hartwig
GATF