Printech Archive
Dust collecting on print folding machines

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 17:56:15 CST

Forwarded message:
From: Jim Farmer <farmerj@mail.transcontinental.ca>

We are looking at dust collection for our folders. Our regs are based on
'easily ignitable dust'. The NFPA is based on combustible dust, or
combustible fibers. Does anyone have experience with how paper dust from a
folder is categorized?
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu