Printech Archive
Re: chlorine-dioxide bleaching process

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 14:05:56 CST

Koren and Printech:

PNEAC's web site contains a fact sheet which describes bleaching options
for papers. It can be accessed at
<Elementally Chlorine-free (ECF) Paper>.

There is an environmental organization, Conservatree, which advocates
environmentally-sound paper choices. Their web site contains bleaching and
other information, starting at <http://www.conservatree.com/>.

On 25 Jan 99 at 8:25, Koren Carpenter wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am new to the printing industry and would like to know more about
> the chlorine dioxide bleaching process for paper. Is this process
> less dangerous/toxic (environmentally friendly) than the normal
>
> Thanks,
> Koren Carpenter, Environmental Engineer
> State of Michigan
> Department of Environmental Quality
Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu