Printech Archive
Re: water-based glue & cornstarch-based laminate?

From: gjonesprinting@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 13:10:38 CST

Donna:

1. Here is a short list of adhesive suppliers. They provide both solvent and
water-based adhesives.

H B Fuller Co
612/481-1588

Craig Adhesive & Coating
201/344-1483

Croda Apex Adhesives
708/773-1400

Swift Adhesive
1-800/711-2407

AM Multigraphics
1-800-323-6053

2. I am not familar with a cornstarch-based lamination. I am aware of the use
of cornstarch, caustic, and steam. It is used as an adhesive. The other use of
cornstarch is as spray powder in sheetfed printing, but spray powder is used
to keep individual printed sheets from sticking together. Can you get any more
information about this process, namely what type of product are they
producing?