Printech Archive
Re: Disposal of Flexographic Ink

From: Steven Noble (Snoble@pmai.org)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 14:47:53 CST

Either way you have coninuing liability for the waste and the comment about
assuring it can be landfilled is right on the mark.

The real key is to determine which company gives the best protection against
future liability. Some of this protection will come as company assets others
will be actual certificates of destruction. Keep MSDS's in a file and any
analysis of the waste that the disposal firm requires for acceptance. This
documentation will help you later in life, if they come back and ask for
contributions to clean up their mess.

My suggestion is send it to the fuel blender...there will be less to dig up
later.

Steve Noble
Environmental Manager
Photo Marketing Association