Printech Archive
Re: Lifting insert bundles

From: Robert Gifford (gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 10:28:52 CDT

Donald,

A cursory search turned up three options for email lists, two of
which have a Canadian component. I could not access a large
repository of email discussion groups, <www.liszt.com>. You may
wish to check or suggest this option as well.

As I thought about the problem, I thought of recommending that a
layer or two of scrap paper be used between the layers. Bundles may
be able to be slid across the scrap or slid by pulling the scrap. I
imagine that newspapers generate some scrap.

I hope these help.

Bob Gifford

be sent in English or French.

     To subscribe, send email to
         Majordomo@kate.ccohs.ca
     and in the body of the message, put
         subscribe hs-canada

2. List Title: Regulatory Discussion Group
    List Name: Discussion@rcpinc.com
    Subscription Address:
      RCP, Inc. <mail@rcpinc.com> Last Update:

    This Discussion Group is designed to
    bring together a group of individuals
    interested in the issues of the
    environment and in the regulatory
    compliance needs of the group. The
    main focus is intended to be in the
    areas of Environmental Protection,
    Occupational Safety and Health and
    related areas such as Department of
    Transportation Regulations. We would
    also welcome comments and discussions
    about related topics in engineering,
    sciences and regulatory compliance
    issues (FDA, ISO 14000, etc.).

3. List Title: SafTNews
    List Name: SafTNews
    Subscription Address:
                        Graves <T.Graves@Labsafety.com> Last
    Update: 10/24/97 Description:

    SAFTNEWS is a totally FREE bi-weekly
    newsletter delivered via e-mail. This
    newsletter is specifically designed
    for US and Canadian businesses
    interested in staying up-to-date with
    the latest in safety and industrial
    news. The focus will be on new and
    upcoming regulations and how they
    will affect your workplace. Subjects
    will include (but are not limited to)
    what is happening in OSHA, the EPA,
    the DOT, NIOSH, and CSA, simple steps
    you can take at work and at home to
    improve safety, safety resources you
    can find on the web and the latest
    safety statistics.

Hensel, Donald wrote:

> One of our (Newspaper Association) members has the following lifting
> problem in the Packaging and Distribution Center. Does anyone have
> suggestions? Thanks,

Robert Gifford
Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center, and
Univ. of Wisconsin - Extension
Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon St., rm 531
Madison WI, 53703
Voice: 608-262-1083 Fax: 608-262-6250
email: gifford@epd.engr.wisc.edu