Printech Archive
Re: Source for Estimating Litho Ink Coverage

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 19:12:35 CDT

My understanding is that there is such a guide avaialable from the
National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers. Try calling
George Fuchs, Envir. Affairs Coord. for NAPIM, at 201/288-9454.
-Wayne

> Forwarded to Printech from D. Eggleston of CA:
>

> Does anyone know where I can get some authoritative data for
> estimating litho ink coverage on various types of substrates? I
> have a matrix that estimates amount of ink per square-inch, and
> covers most inks and substrates, but there is no reference as
> to who made the matrix or where the information came from. I
> use this matrix to calculate the ink emissions portion of the
> potential to emit for new or modified presses, and I am
> concerned that I cannot verify the source and validity if
> questioned by our local regulatory agency.

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 532, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone: 608/265-2361 Fax: 608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu