Printech Archive
Source for Estimating Litho Ink Coverage

From: Wayne Pferdehirt (pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 18:48:33 CDT

Forwarded to Printech from D. Eggleston of CA:

     Does anyone know where I can get some authoritative data for
     estimating litho ink coverage on various types of substrates? I
     have a matrix that estimates amount of ink per square-inch, and
     covers most inks and substrates, but there is no reference as to
     who made the matrix or where the information came from. I use
     this matrix to calculate the ink emissions portion of the
     potential to emit for new or modified presses, and I am concerned
     that I cannot verify the source and validity if questioned by our
     local regulatory agency.